Pensioner, 70, rescued as blaze fills home with smoke

A PENSIONER was rescued during the night after being overcome by smoke when a blaze broke out in his home in London’s East End. Fire crews called to Kindersley House in Whitechapel had to guide him to safety through the smoke at midnight

A PENSIONER was rescued during the night after being overcome by smoke when a blaze broke out in his home in London’s East End.

Fire crews called to Kindersley House in Pinchin Street, Whitechapel, had to guide him to safety through the smoke in the hallway of his ground-floor flat at midnight.

Ambulance paramedics treated him for the effects of breathing smoke, but he was not taken to hospital.

His kitchen had slight damage from smoke, but firefighters managed to stop flames reaching the rest of the flat. The alarm was raised by an automatic smoke detector which alerted the 70-year-old pensioner.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus