People in Tower Hamlets can get fit for just �1
East End people can go to the gym for just �1 per session, as a Get Active scheme is rolled out by Tower Hamlets Council in an attempt to drive up levels of physical activity. Open to new leisure centre members only, the scheme will be introduced at Whit
East End people can go to the gym for just �1 per session, as a Get Active scheme is rolled out by Tower Hamlets Council in an attempt to drive up levels of physical activity.
Open to new leisure centre members only, the scheme will be introduced at Whitechapel Sports Centre and is available to the first 200 people that sign up.
Afterwards names will be recorded on a waiting list and anyone who does not attend a session for a month will be removed from the scheme and replaced by the next person on the list.
Residents from Bethnal Green South and Spitalfields are eligible to sign up for the free scheme from October 3, saving �2.80 - the price of annual pay and play membership.
You may also want to watch:
Once on the Get Active scheme people can by use the centre's gymnasium and take part in fitness classes including aerobics, circuit training, box-fit, line dancing, yoga and pilates. Visit www.gll.org for the full programme
To sign up or for more information visit Whitechapel Sports Centre, 55 Durwood Street, call 020 7247 7538 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 4 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 5 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Volunteers thanked for running East End food bank for 70 weeks
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing