People in Tower Hamlets can get fit for just �1
East End people can go to the gym for just �1 per session, as a Get Active scheme is rolled out by Tower Hamlets Council in an attempt to drive up levels of physical activity. Open to new leisure centre members only, the scheme will be introduced at Whit
East End people can go to the gym for just �1 per session, as a Get Active scheme is rolled out by Tower Hamlets Council in an attempt to drive up levels of physical activity.
Open to new leisure centre members only, the scheme will be introduced at Whitechapel Sports Centre and is available to the first 200 people that sign up.
Afterwards names will be recorded on a waiting list and anyone who does not attend a session for a month will be removed from the scheme and replaced by the next person on the list.
Residents from Bethnal Green South and Spitalfields are eligible to sign up for the free scheme from October 3, saving �2.80 - the price of annual pay and play membership.
You may also want to watch:
Once on the Get Active scheme people can by use the centre's gymnasium and take part in fitness classes including aerobics, circuit training, box-fit, line dancing, yoga and pilates. Visit www.gll.org for the full programme
To sign up or for more information visit Whitechapel Sports Centre, 55 Durwood Street, call 020 7247 7538 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel