Peter Kitchen confident Leyton Orient head coach Justin Edinburgh will sign ‘big striker’ to support Macauley Bonne
- Credit: Archant
The one-time Leyton Orient forward has discussed some of the business the Brisbane Road club need to complete this summer
Leyton Orient legend Peter Kitchen is confident the O’s will bring in a ‘big striker’ to help support Macauley Bonne next season.
The 66-year-old had two spells at Brisbane Road and played a huge part in helping the team reach the FA Cup semi-finals in 1978.
He has watched on with interest this season as Orient have struggled at times to adapt to life in the National League.
One man who did impress for the O’s was striker Bonne, who netted 22 times in the division and 25 in all competitions.
You may also want to watch:
While Kitchen has been impressed with the forward, he is confident Justin Edinburgh will know what additions Orient have to make this summer.
He said: “Justin has played at all levels of football and he has got some experience of managing in League One and League Two and obviously in non-league, so I think Justin knows what is needed.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
“I think it has been a learning curve for everyone to see how competitive the division is and what you have to have to get out of the National League.
“The league is very inconsistent though and at one stage I think there was only a few points between everyone in the top half of the table.
“You definitely need a lot of strong players who are physical and battlers and I feel Orient haven’t been as competitive as they needed to be or as physically up for the challenge and Justin will see that and maybe look to bring in a big quality striker.
“We need someone who can physically help up front because Bonne is very mobile, but they need a big striker and possibly a competitive midfielder.”
Given Kitchen’s experience in the game, he is well judged to comment on what O’s need and few will disagree with his assessment.