Photo exhibition in Tower Hamlets highlights the survivors of the Rwandan genocide
A photo exhibition at Bow, Canary Wharf and Chrisp Street Idea Stores will mark the start of the council’s Holocaust Memorial Day events.
Heroes of Our Times brings together images of the Rwandan genocide collected by photographer Andrew Sutton over the last 10 years.
It also examines the political and social situations in Rwanda today and is held in association with the Survivors Fund (SURF), a London-based charity which represents and supports survivors of the Rwandan genocide now living in the UK.
The exhibition runs from January 24 until January 30 and further details can be found at ideastore.co.uk.
Mr Sutton has also edited a film called Untold Stories which will be screened on Holocaust Memorial Day on January 27.
You may also want to watch:
The film features the testimonies of four survivors - Cassien, Simeon, Sandrine and Clare - and will be screened at the Rich Mix cinema in Bethnal Green Road at 6.30pm.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning