Photo exhibition in Tower Hamlets highlights the survivors of the Rwandan genocide
A photo exhibition at Bow, Canary Wharf and Chrisp Street Idea Stores will mark the start of the council’s Holocaust Memorial Day events.
Heroes of Our Times brings together images of the Rwandan genocide collected by photographer Andrew Sutton over the last 10 years.
It also examines the political and social situations in Rwanda today and is held in association with the Survivors Fund (SURF), a London-based charity which represents and supports survivors of the Rwandan genocide now living in the UK.
The exhibition runs from January 24 until January 30 and further details can be found at ideastore.co.uk.
Mr Sutton has also edited a film called Untold Stories which will be screened on Holocaust Memorial Day on January 27.
You may also want to watch:
The film features the testimonies of four survivors - Cassien, Simeon, Sandrine and Clare - and will be screened at the Rich Mix cinema in Bethnal Green Road at 6.30pm.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing