Photo exhibition in Tower Hamlets highlights the survivors of the Rwandan genocide
A photo exhibition at Bow, Canary Wharf and Chrisp Street Idea Stores will mark the start of the council’s Holocaust Memorial Day events.
Heroes of Our Times brings together images of the Rwandan genocide collected by photographer Andrew Sutton over the last 10 years.
It also examines the political and social situations in Rwanda today and is held in association with the Survivors Fund (SURF), a London-based charity which represents and supports survivors of the Rwandan genocide now living in the UK.
The exhibition runs from January 24 until January 30 and further details can be found at ideastore.co.uk.
Mr Sutton has also edited a film called Untold Stories which will be screened on Holocaust Memorial Day on January 27.
You may also want to watch:
The film features the testimonies of four survivors - Cassien, Simeon, Sandrine and Clare - and will be screened at the Rich Mix cinema in Bethnal Green Road at 6.30pm.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End