Photographic talents of East End youngsters on show in Spitalfields
FILM and photography projects by young East Enders have been on show in Spitalfields Market. Futureversity, which used to be Tower Hamlets Summer University, has been celebrating the talents of 16 of its students with an exhibition inspired by their perce
FILM and photography projects by young East Enders have been on show in Spitalfields Market.
Futureversity, which used to be Tower Hamlets Summer University, has been celebrating the talents of 16 of its students with an exhibition inspired by their perceptions of London, their opinions and dreams for the future.
The projects give a first-hand insight into what it is like to be a young person living in London today.
Themes include the effects of cultural difference, animal cruelty and a documentary looking at young people's aspirations and how they see themselves in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Created by young people aged 13-20, each project received a grant of up to �500 and participants received mentoring from media professionals Shake Ur Arts and other professionals from the film and photography industry as well as training and access to top-of-the-range equipment.
The photographs were displayed and the films screened at a free exhibition last week.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage