Photographic talents of East End youngsters on show in Spitalfields
FILM and photography projects by young East Enders have been on show in Spitalfields Market. Futureversity, which used to be Tower Hamlets Summer University, has been celebrating the talents of 16 of its students with an exhibition inspired by their perce
FILM and photography projects by young East Enders have been on show in Spitalfields Market.
Futureversity, which used to be Tower Hamlets Summer University, has been celebrating the talents of 16 of its students with an exhibition inspired by their perceptions of London, their opinions and dreams for the future.
The projects give a first-hand insight into what it is like to be a young person living in London today.
Themes include the effects of cultural difference, animal cruelty and a documentary looking at young people's aspirations and how they see themselves in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Created by young people aged 13-20, each project received a grant of up to �500 and participants received mentoring from media professionals Shake Ur Arts and other professionals from the film and photography industry as well as training and access to top-of-the-range equipment.
The photographs were displayed and the films screened at a free exhibition last week.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 4 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 5 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 6 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 7 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services