Photographic talents of East End youngsters on show in Spitalfields
FILM and photography projects by young East Enders have been on show in Spitalfields Market. Futureversity, which used to be Tower Hamlets Summer University, has been celebrating the talents of 16 of its students with an exhibition inspired by their perce
FILM and photography projects by young East Enders have been on show in Spitalfields Market.
Futureversity, which used to be Tower Hamlets Summer University, has been celebrating the talents of 16 of its students with an exhibition inspired by their perceptions of London, their opinions and dreams for the future.
The projects give a first-hand insight into what it is like to be a young person living in London today.
Themes include the effects of cultural difference, animal cruelty and a documentary looking at young people's aspirations and how they see themselves in the future.
You may also want to watch:
Created by young people aged 13-20, each project received a grant of up to �500 and participants received mentoring from media professionals Shake Ur Arts and other professionals from the film and photography industry as well as training and access to top-of-the-range equipment.
The photographs were displayed and the films screened at a free exhibition last week.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow