Physio Peter Webb praises Leyton Orient squad after Brisbane Road departure
- Credit: Archant
Physio has been at League Two club since the summer of 2015, but has left after receiving an offer
Peter Webb has praised the Leyton Orient squad after officially departing Brisbane Road this afternoon (Friday).
The physio has been at O’s since the summer of 2015 after being brought in by ex-boss Ian Hendon.
But it was announced last Saturday that Webb would be leaving having received an offer from elsewhere.
Orient’s former physio is expected to join Premier League side Watford, but posted a message on Twitter earlier today.
You may also want to watch:
“So that’s it… my time at Orient has come to an end! It has been a privilege to work for Leyton Orient and I hope this great club can get back to where they should be,” said Webb.
“Under these difficult circumstances the lads have been amazing and working with them everyday I can safely say that what’s happening is hurting them.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
“Thanks for all your support during my time here… I’ll catch you in the flip side. All the best.”
Webb has had to deal with several long-term injuries during his time at O’s and Paul McCallum paid tribute to the physio on Twitter.
McCallum and Dean Cox both suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage to their knees last season.
But thanks to the work of Webb, and other staff at the club, the duo were able to make full recoveries.
This season the physio has had to contend with another ACL issue with Robbie Weir suffering the injury in January.
Webb’s departure is a blow to Weir as well as Orient and Josh Birtwistle is expected to now step up from the youth team.