Picture of murder victim Lucinda released by cops
Police have released a picture of murder victim Lucinda Port who was found stabbed to death at her Bow home two days after the body of her partner was found hanging from a tree in a Bethnal Green park.
Lucinda’s body was found in her flat in Brymay Close on Tuesday, April 26. Her boyfriend Paul Wright was found hanged in Weavers Fields two days earlier on Easter Sunday.
Two Tower Hamlets police officers are now under investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission after it was revealed they had reports that 29-year-old Lucinda’s life was in danger and had visited her flat a week before her body was found.
A police spokesman said: “The Metropolitan Police Service has referred matters in connection with these incidents to the Independent Police Complaints Commission, namely around previous contact by police with the man and the woman. It would inappropriate to comment further at this time.”
Police have opened an incident room at the Homicide and Serious Crime Command under DCI John Sandlin.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are linking the two deaths and are not looking for anyone else in connection with Lucinda’s killing.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 7 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 8 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City