Picture of murder victim Lucinda released by cops
Police have released a picture of murder victim Lucinda Port who was found stabbed to death at her Bow home two days after the body of her partner was found hanging from a tree in a Bethnal Green park.
Lucinda’s body was found in her flat in Brymay Close on Tuesday, April 26. Her boyfriend Paul Wright was found hanged in Weavers Fields two days earlier on Easter Sunday.
Two Tower Hamlets police officers are now under investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission after it was revealed they had reports that 29-year-old Lucinda’s life was in danger and had visited her flat a week before her body was found.
A police spokesman said: “The Metropolitan Police Service has referred matters in connection with these incidents to the Independent Police Complaints Commission, namely around previous contact by police with the man and the woman. It would inappropriate to comment further at this time.”
Police have opened an incident room at the Homicide and Serious Crime Command under DCI John Sandlin.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are linking the two deaths and are not looking for anyone else in connection with Lucinda’s killing.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines