Picture of murder victim Lucinda released by cops
Police have released a picture of murder victim Lucinda Port who was found stabbed to death at her Bow home two days after the body of her partner was found hanging from a tree in a Bethnal Green park.
Lucinda’s body was found in her flat in Brymay Close on Tuesday, April 26. Her boyfriend Paul Wright was found hanged in Weavers Fields two days earlier on Easter Sunday.
Two Tower Hamlets police officers are now under investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission after it was revealed they had reports that 29-year-old Lucinda’s life was in danger and had visited her flat a week before her body was found.
A police spokesman said: “The Metropolitan Police Service has referred matters in connection with these incidents to the Independent Police Complaints Commission, namely around previous contact by police with the man and the woman. It would inappropriate to comment further at this time.”
Police have opened an incident room at the Homicide and Serious Crime Command under DCI John Sandlin.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are linking the two deaths and are not looking for anyone else in connection with Lucinda’s killing.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning