Pictures: Christmas lights switched on in Chrisp Street market
- Credit: Archant
School children and market traders in the East End joined the festive season this week with the switching on of the Christmas lights in Chrisp Street.
Jim Fitzpatrick, MP for Poplar and Limehouse, turned on the Christmas lights in Chrisp Street Market in Poplar last Friday, November 29, at the “Chrisp-mas” event.
Children from four Tower Hamlets primary schools joined Mr Fitzpatrick, Titan the Robot and the “Snow Queen” to sing Christmas carols and countdown to the switching on of the Christmas lights.
Free hot chocolate and mince pies were on stand by to keep people warm.
Steve Stride, chief executive of Poplar HARCA, who organised the event, said: “It may not snow on Christmas day this year, but it will definitely be snowing at our Chrisp Street Market Chrispmas events.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a fantastic range of festive themed activities for everyone to enjoy. So have a wonderful Christmas at Chrisp Street Market and support your local shops in the process.”
For more pictures click on the gallery on the right.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
For more information visit www.chrispstreet.org.uk or get in touch via Twitter @Chrisp_Street.