Pictures: Christmas lights switched on in Chrisp Street market
- Credit: Archant
School children and market traders in the East End joined the festive season this week with the switching on of the Christmas lights in Chrisp Street.
Jim Fitzpatrick, MP for Poplar and Limehouse, turned on the Christmas lights in Chrisp Street Market in Poplar last Friday, November 29, at the “Chrisp-mas” event.
Children from four Tower Hamlets primary schools joined Mr Fitzpatrick, Titan the Robot and the “Snow Queen” to sing Christmas carols and countdown to the switching on of the Christmas lights.
Free hot chocolate and mince pies were on stand by to keep people warm.
Steve Stride, chief executive of Poplar HARCA, who organised the event, said: “It may not snow on Christmas day this year, but it will definitely be snowing at our Chrisp Street Market Chrispmas events.
“We’ve got a fantastic range of festive themed activities for everyone to enjoy. So have a wonderful Christmas at Chrisp Street Market and support your local shops in the process.”
For more pictures click on the gallery on the right.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
- 9 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point
For more information visit www.chrispstreet.org.uk or get in touch via Twitter @Chrisp_Street.