Pictures: Christmas lights switched on in Chrisp Street market
- Credit: Archant
School children and market traders in the East End joined the festive season this week with the switching on of the Christmas lights in Chrisp Street.
Jim Fitzpatrick, MP for Poplar and Limehouse, turned on the Christmas lights in Chrisp Street Market in Poplar last Friday, November 29, at the “Chrisp-mas” event.
Children from four Tower Hamlets primary schools joined Mr Fitzpatrick, Titan the Robot and the “Snow Queen” to sing Christmas carols and countdown to the switching on of the Christmas lights.
Free hot chocolate and mince pies were on stand by to keep people warm.
Steve Stride, chief executive of Poplar HARCA, who organised the event, said: “It may not snow on Christmas day this year, but it will definitely be snowing at our Chrisp Street Market Chrispmas events.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a fantastic range of festive themed activities for everyone to enjoy. So have a wonderful Christmas at Chrisp Street Market and support your local shops in the process.”
For more pictures click on the gallery on the right.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
For more information visit www.chrispstreet.org.uk or get in touch via Twitter @Chrisp_Street.