PICTURES: Family fun day held in Bethnal Green Gardens for half-term
- Credit: Rehan Jamil
Young and old attended a family fun day of games and sports at Bethnal Green Gardens during half-term last week.
Nearly 1,500 people took part in the free annual event on February 18 run by the council’s parks, open spaces and sports development teams.
Members of the Victoria Park short mat bowls club took on children and teenagers, while others tried skating on the synthetic Ice Skating Rink.
Other activities included a trampoline, a cup and saucer ride and New Age Curling, athletics, basketball, Bocha, Water Zorbin balls, tennis and football.
There was also face painting, arts and crafts, health information stalls and bike workshops.
You may also want to watch:
For more pictures click on the gallery.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 7 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 8 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 9 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green