PICTURES: Family fun day held in Bethnal Green Gardens for half-term
- Credit: Rehan Jamil
Young and old attended a family fun day of games and sports at Bethnal Green Gardens during half-term last week.
Nearly 1,500 people took part in the free annual event on February 18 run by the council’s parks, open spaces and sports development teams.
Members of the Victoria Park short mat bowls club took on children and teenagers, while others tried skating on the synthetic Ice Skating Rink.
Other activities included a trampoline, a cup and saucer ride and New Age Curling, athletics, basketball, Bocha, Water Zorbin balls, tennis and football.
There was also face painting, arts and crafts, health information stalls and bike workshops.
You may also want to watch:
For more pictures click on the gallery.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel