Pictures: Non-puncture tyres take a hammering — and a nail or two
- Credit: Archant
If you’ve ever cursed the heavens while changing a flat tyre mid-way along your cycle to work, perhaps this latest tubeless tyre is for you.
The no-puncture tyres — by developer Tannus Tyres — boast the ability to run over nails and broken glass, and still keep you moving steadily on in time for that all important morning meeting.
The new tyre design, which does away with the inner air tube of conventional models, was put through its paces at a display outside The Lane Bar, near Brick Lane, late last month.
The tyres work by using thousands of air bubbles suspended within a network of polymer walls to gain lightness and spring.
Aldgate-based design and product development agency Brand it Guru are backing the tyres, which have been on sale in Poland for the last two years, to become popular with Tower Hamlets’s dedicated cycle commuters.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Jazz Walia said: “We want to get Tannus Tyres onto the bikes of cyclists within our local area.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block