Pictures: Pooches strut their stuff at Shoreditch Dog Show
- Credit: Archant
Pooches, pugs, mutts and mongrels were strutting their stuff at the Shoreditch dog show at St Leonard’s Church gardens on Sunday, as hundreds of owners and spectators watched the 60 animals compete for the “Waggiest tail” and in the “Who’s who” category for dogs who look like their owners.
Winners included Prince Floppy in the Handsome Hound category, Pippy in the Ditch the Bitch category, and Randall in the Shoreditch Stardom best dog in show.
The show raised £1,000 for local charity the Spitalfields Crypt Trust, which provides practical help, support and training to people who have been homeless and suffering from drug or alcohol addiction.
Organiser Sheona Alexander, from the SCT, said: “It was a fantastic turnout and really great atmosphere.
“There was so much ‘oooh’-ing and ‘aaah’-ing and lovely to see so many locals having fun and getting to know each other.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit sct.org.uk.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets