Pictures: Pooches strut their stuff at Shoreditch Dog Show
- Credit: Archant
Pooches, pugs, mutts and mongrels were strutting their stuff at the Shoreditch dog show at St Leonard’s Church gardens on Sunday, as hundreds of owners and spectators watched the 60 animals compete for the “Waggiest tail” and in the “Who’s who” category for dogs who look like their owners.
Winners included Prince Floppy in the Handsome Hound category, Pippy in the Ditch the Bitch category, and Randall in the Shoreditch Stardom best dog in show.
The show raised £1,000 for local charity the Spitalfields Crypt Trust, which provides practical help, support and training to people who have been homeless and suffering from drug or alcohol addiction.
Organiser Sheona Alexander, from the SCT, said: “It was a fantastic turnout and really great atmosphere.
“There was so much ‘oooh’-ing and ‘aaah’-ing and lovely to see so many locals having fun and getting to know each other.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit sct.org.uk.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park