Pictures: Stepney Green fair attracts thousands
- Credit: Archant
There were rides and activities galore to entertain all ages at the Stepney Green fair on Sunday.
About 3,000 people turned out to the annual event which included a football championship hosted by West Ham United’s community sports trust.
The fair had had to be put back a week following forecasts of heavy rain and the sporadic showers that did fall on the rescheduled date did little to disrupt spirits.
Key attractions at the event, organised by the Stifford Centre and held in Stepney Green park, included an array of streetfood and a wide variety of free workshops.
Children enjoyed taking part in the egg and spoon races and devouring ice cream.
You may also want to watch:
Salman Alam, centre manager for the Stifford Centre and organiser of this year’s event, said: “Lots of people came out and it turned out to be a really glorious day.”
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries