Pictures: Stepney Green fair attracts thousands
- Credit: Archant
There were rides and activities galore to entertain all ages at the Stepney Green fair on Sunday.
About 3,000 people turned out to the annual event which included a football championship hosted by West Ham United’s community sports trust.
The fair had had to be put back a week following forecasts of heavy rain and the sporadic showers that did fall on the rescheduled date did little to disrupt spirits.
Key attractions at the event, organised by the Stifford Centre and held in Stepney Green park, included an array of streetfood and a wide variety of free workshops.
Children enjoyed taking part in the egg and spoon races and devouring ice cream.
You may also want to watch:
Salman Alam, centre manager for the Stifford Centre and organiser of this year’s event, said: “Lots of people came out and it turned out to be a really glorious day.”
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning