Pizza drivers targeted by robbers
Pizza delivery drivers are being target by robbers placing bogus pizza orders.
Tower Hamlets has seen a spate of crimes where take-away drivers have been robbed of either pizzas, money or their moped over the past few months, according to police.
The method is usually the same, according to police: A take-away is ordered by a mobile phone with a “blocked “ number and a false mobile number is given when prompted. When the drivers arrive at the delivery address they are then robbed.
Police are advising delivery companies to always take payment at time of order, take a landline number rather than a mobile and to
customers back on the telephone number given to check the call is genuine.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about these crimes should call on 0208 217 4162 or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival