Placido Domingo sings for opera fans at Canary Wharf
OPERA buffs will be able to watch world renowned singer Placido Domingo in the Royal Opera House s production of Simon Boccanegra which will be beamed live to a big screen in Canary Wharf. The show will be screened free at Canary Wharf on Tuesday July 1
OPERA buffs will be able to watch world renowned singer Placido Domingo in the Royal Opera House's production of Simon Boccanegra which will be beamed live to a big screen in Canary Wharf.
The show will be screened free at Canary Wharf on Tuesday July 13 at 7.30pm as part of the BP Summer Big Screens Programme.
The opera sees Domingo's Royal Opera House debut as a baritone. He made his name as a tenor and is known as one of the Three Tenors along with Luciano Pavarotti and Jose Carreras.
But in Simon Boccanegra he takes on one of Verdi's most demanding and passionate roles for a baritone and has wowed the critics.
You may also want to watch:
Set in fourteenth-century Genoa, the opera portrays an embattled Doge as the consequences of his own past - including an estranged daughter, her competing suitors and a life-long enemy - catch up with him.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines