Play With A Legend returns to Brisbane Road with John Mackie and Matt Lockwood gunning for Gary Alexander
- Credit: Archant
Several Leyton Orient supporters’ will get the chance to play alongside members of the 2005/06 League Two promotion winning team
Play With A Legend returns to Brisbane Road tonight and three former Leyton Orient players will grace the hallowed E10 turf again.
Gary Alexander and John Mackie are regulars by now and this evening will be the third time they have taken part in the event.
Joining them this time is another member of the 2005/06 promotion winning team – prolific full-back Matt Lockwood.
All three will do battle and Mackie and Lockwood will be looking to end Alexander’s two-match winning streak.
You may also want to watch:
Play With A Legend director Josh Landy said: “We’re delighted to be heading back to Brisbane Road for the third year in a row, giving 45 Orient fans the chance to play on the pitch with club legends.
“Gary has been victorious in the last two years, but John has reportedly undergone an intense fitness regime in order to be in peak condition for the event, whilst Matt is flying in from his home in Edinburgh hoping to lead a team of fans to glory!”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Spectators can buy tickets on the door (cash only) and the first match is set to start at 7pm with the last game finishing around 10.15pm.
A post-match awards ceremony will take place quarter of an hour after the final whistle is blown.