Police appeal for witnesses one week after man's death in Old Street
POLICE investigating the death of a Bethnal Green man in Old Street are holding an appeal a week after his death in the hope that witnesses will come forward. Jamie O Sullivan, 27, was in collision with a BMW at the junction of Old Street and Singer Str
POLICE investigating the death of a Bethnal Green man in Old Street are holding an appeal a week after his death in the hope that witnesses will come forward.
Jamie O Sullivan, 27, was in collision with a BMW at the junction of Old Street and Singer Street on Sunday December 27 and died from a head injury.
Police believe he may have been involved in a row just before the collision happened in the early hours.
They will be at the same junction between 2am and 5.30am on Sunday handing out appeal leaflets in the hope of jogging people's memories to help piece together what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Four men in their 20s and 30s have been bailed, three in connection with the incident and one on suspicion of assault on the BMW driver.
An incident room has opened under Detective Inspector John Nicholson of the Specialist Crime Directorate as Mr O'Sullivan's death being treated as suspicious at this stage.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.