Police appeal for witnesses one week after man's death in Old Street
POLICE investigating the death of a Bethnal Green man in Old Street are holding an appeal a week after his death in the hope that witnesses will come forward. Jamie O Sullivan, 27, was in collision with a BMW at the junction of Old Street and Singer Str
POLICE investigating the death of a Bethnal Green man in Old Street are holding an appeal a week after his death in the hope that witnesses will come forward.
Jamie O Sullivan, 27, was in collision with a BMW at the junction of Old Street and Singer Street on Sunday December 27 and died from a head injury.
Police believe he may have been involved in a row just before the collision happened in the early hours.
They will be at the same junction between 2am and 5.30am on Sunday handing out appeal leaflets in the hope of jogging people's memories to help piece together what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Four men in their 20s and 30s have been bailed, three in connection with the incident and one on suspicion of assault on the BMW driver.
An incident room has opened under Detective Inspector John Nicholson of the Specialist Crime Directorate as Mr O'Sullivan's death being treated as suspicious at this stage.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.