Police appeal for witnesses to Blackwall robbery
POLICE are appealing for information after a man was assaulted and robbed near a DLR station in the early evening. A 31-year-old man was walking past East India DLR station, Blackwall, at about 6pm last Friday (June 18) when he spotted two men sitting on
POLICE are appealing for information after a man was assaulted and robbed near a DLR station in the early evening.
A 31-year-old man was walking past East India DLR station, Blackwall, at about 6pm last Friday (June 18) when he spotted two men sitting on a concrete bench by the station concourse. One of them came up to him as he passed the back of Majestic Wines in Blackwall Way and asked for his bag, before putting him a head lock and punching him in the face.
The suspect is described as a white, 18-20 years, 6ft tall, slim build, with black short hair with a messy fringe and curly at the back and a thin black moustache. He was wearing a jacket with black sleeves and grey body and black jogging bottoms.
A second man made off with the victim's bag containing an itouch and Apple Mac.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as a mixed race, light skinned male, 18-20yrs, 5 foot 7 tall and was wearing a black jacket with grey sleeves, large USA type emblem on back and dark jeans.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact DC Dean Oakwell in the Robbery Squad on 020 8217 4162 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or email any information to email@example.com.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 6 Hundreds of boilers break down in the East End during pandemic
- 7 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient