Police arrest driver of Mercedes car after Mile End Road crash death
A man has been arrested after his car was involved in a fatal collision with a motorcyclist on Mile End Road yesterday.
The driver of a Mercedes car collided with a Honda motorcycle at around 7.35am close to the junction with Harford Street.
Police officers and the London Ambulance Service attended the scene and the male motorcyclist, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to an east London hospital where he was pronounced dead at 8.33am.
His next of kin have been informed.
The Mercedes driver was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and taken to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return pending further enquiries.
Detective Sergeant Mark Robson, of the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath, said: “We are keen to speak with the driver of a white ‘Ford Transit size and style’ van that was stationary close to the collision at the time of the incident, but left the scene prior to police arrival.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
“We believe that this driver may have witnessed the collision and could be able to assist the investigation.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact police on 020