Police arrest suspect prostitutes in Spitalfields clampdown
Police have put on extra night duty patrols at Spitalfields targeting street prostitutes in London’s East End who have been causing a nuisance to families on a housing estate.
They have arrested five women, one kerb-crawler and handed out three cautions since introducing bail conditions on the Flower & Dean estate on April 18, the families have been told this week.
“We have not seen any of the prostitutes in Flower and Dean Walk,” Chief Insp Nigel Nottidge, in charge of Tower Hamlets neighbourhood policing, assured them.
“But they are still working on the corner of Wentworth Street and Commercial Street.
“Those arrested have been given conditions not to enter Flower and Dean Walk between 7pm and 7am.”
You may also want to watch:
The conditions ban soliciting prostitutes and kerb-crawling men from the estate if they’re arrested, following pressure by families at a public meeting on April 15 to rid the neighbourhood of anti-social behaviour.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 6 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 7 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 8 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 9 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 10 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking