Police arrest suspect prostitutes in Spitalfields clampdown
Police have put on extra night duty patrols at Spitalfields targeting street prostitutes in London’s East End who have been causing a nuisance to families on a housing estate.
They have arrested five women, one kerb-crawler and handed out three cautions since introducing bail conditions on the Flower & Dean estate on April 18, the families have been told this week.
“We have not seen any of the prostitutes in Flower and Dean Walk,” Chief Insp Nigel Nottidge, in charge of Tower Hamlets neighbourhood policing, assured them.
“But they are still working on the corner of Wentworth Street and Commercial Street.
“Those arrested have been given conditions not to enter Flower and Dean Walk between 7pm and 7am.”
The conditions ban soliciting prostitutes and kerb-crawling men from the estate if they’re arrested, following pressure by families at a public meeting on April 15 to rid the neighbourhood of anti-social behaviour.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi