Police “concerned” for missing 24-year-old Bengali woman
Police are “increasingly concerned” for a missing 24-year-old Bengali woman who was last seen in Poplar last November,
Tower Hamlets officers are issuing an appeal for information following the disappearance of Coli Begum, also known as Poli, 24, who has not been in touch with her family since November 28.
She was last seen getting into a grey coloured car carrying a vanity bag near her home address.
She is described as having a slim build, approximately 5 feet 2 inches in height and was wearing a pink coloured dress with a black coat.
PC Paul Fairbairn of the borough’s missing persons unit said: “We have had various sightings of Ms Begum in Tower Hamlets but nothing concrete so far.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been third-party sightings - people who have said a friend has seen her outside Stepney Green underground station and on Bethnal Green road for example.
“She may be fine, but it is strange that she has not been in touch with her family so we hope she contacts them and lets them know she is safe.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
Ms Begum’s parents both live in Bangladesh but she has an aunt and three female cousins who all live in the Poplar area.
Anyone with information should contact the Missing Persons unit at Limehouse Police station on 0207 275 4589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.