Police “concerned” for missing 24-year-old Bengali woman
Police are “increasingly concerned” for a missing 24-year-old Bengali woman who was last seen in Poplar last November,
Tower Hamlets officers are issuing an appeal for information following the disappearance of Coli Begum, also known as Poli, 24, who has not been in touch with her family since November 28.
She was last seen getting into a grey coloured car carrying a vanity bag near her home address.
She is described as having a slim build, approximately 5 feet 2 inches in height and was wearing a pink coloured dress with a black coat.
PC Paul Fairbairn of the borough’s missing persons unit said: “We have had various sightings of Ms Begum in Tower Hamlets but nothing concrete so far.
“It has been third-party sightings - people who have said a friend has seen her outside Stepney Green underground station and on Bethnal Green road for example.
“She may be fine, but it is strange that she has not been in touch with her family so we hope she contacts them and lets them know she is safe.”
- 1 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 4 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 5 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 8 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 9 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 10 Latest Leyton Orient signing Coleman delighted to join 'massive club'
Ms Begum’s parents both live in Bangladesh but she has an aunt and three female cousins who all live in the Poplar area.
Anyone with information should contact the Missing Persons unit at Limehouse Police station on 0207 275 4589 or email email@example.com.