Police “concerned” for missing 24-year-old Bengali woman
Police are “increasingly concerned” for a missing 24-year-old Bengali woman who was last seen in Poplar last November,
Tower Hamlets officers are issuing an appeal for information following the disappearance of Coli Begum, also known as Poli, 24, who has not been in touch with her family since November 28.
She was last seen getting into a grey coloured car carrying a vanity bag near her home address.
She is described as having a slim build, approximately 5 feet 2 inches in height and was wearing a pink coloured dress with a black coat.
PC Paul Fairbairn of the borough’s missing persons unit said: “We have had various sightings of Ms Begum in Tower Hamlets but nothing concrete so far.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been third-party sightings - people who have said a friend has seen her outside Stepney Green underground station and on Bethnal Green road for example.
“She may be fine, but it is strange that she has not been in touch with her family so we hope she contacts them and lets them know she is safe.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Ms Begum’s parents both live in Bangladesh but she has an aunt and three female cousins who all live in the Poplar area.
Anyone with information should contact the Missing Persons unit at Limehouse Police station on 0207 275 4589 or email email@example.com.