Police find £6,000 cannabis haul at Bow home
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized £6,000 worth of cannabis “packaged and ready for distribution” from a property where they also arrested a man, 46.
Officers found the class B banned substance while executing a search warrant at a house in Rainhill Way, Bow, on Thursday last week.
The man was arrested for possession with intent to supply and has been released on police bail until mid-December.
A Met spokesman said: “Officers located a large holdall on a balcony containing a large quantity of herbal cannabis, packaged and ready for distribution.”
The previous day, police uncovered a “sophisticated” drugs lab and up to 100 mature cannabis plants at a railway arch unit in Hadleigh Street, Bethnal Green. No arrests were made at the time.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Lee Stevens said: “These are large amounts of cannabis that we don’t want on the streets of Tower Hamlets. We have interrupted the supply of drugs and will continue to do so armed with the information we receive from the public.”
He urged residents to contact police on 101 with any information, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. In an emergency dial 999.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week