Police hunt after motorist is stabbed in A13 road rage attack in Poplar
- Credit: MPS
Police have launched an appeal today for witnesses to a stabbing during a “road rage” incident in London’s East End.
They want to contact anyone who witnessed a row that led to the stabbing on the A13 in Poplar on the approach to the Canning Town Bridge in the early evening of July 25.
The driver of a blue Vauxhall Meriva travelling eastward along East India Dock Road took a slip road off the A13 just before the bridge approach as he passed Abbott Road to avoid heavy traffic.
But he got involved in an argument with two men crossing the road.
One of the men stabbed him two or three times through the open driver’s window, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
The motorist, in his 20s, managed to drive away from the scene and got to Newham General Hospital at Plaistow, where he was treated for stab wounds before being discharged.
The two men were described as black, in their late teens or early 20s, one wearing a grey tracksuit and the other in a grey jacket.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Tower Hamlets CID is appealing for anyone with information to call 020-7275 4603, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.