Police hunt cyclist who attacks pedestrians he crashes into on pavement in City Road
- Credit: MPS
Police are hunting a thug who rode his bike on the pavement crashing into pedestrians in Shoreditch—then attacked them after falling off.
Scotland Yard has issued CCTV images today from a camera which caught the whole incident along City Road, near Old Street.
The cyclist collided into the pedestrians around 3am on Sunday, August 13, and is seen in the video punching a 24-year-old man to the ground who was left unconscious and punching a 31-year-old woman in the face, causing a broken nose, in what police say was “a callous and needless assault”.
The attacker retrieves his bike before fleeing the scene, heading westward towards The Angel.
He is described as a black, in his 20s, who was wearing a dark polo shirt and black trousers and had a distinctive large beard.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111 (crimestoppers-uk.org).
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning