Police hunt dangerous’ man in breach of parole
COPS in East London have issued a picture of a man considered dangerous they want to trace who has breached his parole license. They are warning the public not to approach 44-year-old Robert Bennett, who also uses the name Charlie Machin’
COPS in East London have issued a picture of a man considered dangerous they want to trace who has breached his parole license.
They are warning the public not to approach 44-year-old Robert Bennett, who also uses the name 'Charlie Machin.'
The 44-year-old has been missing since Saturday (June 20) when he failed to inform the Probation Service of his whereabouts.
He is on parole after being jailed in the 1990s for a series of violent offences, it is understood.
Bennett or 'Machin' is white, 6ft tall, medium to stocky build, with a receding hairline and his head is usually shaved.
He lives in Newham in East London and is also thought to have traveled abroad.
- 1 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 2 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 5 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 6 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 9 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 10 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
Police say he should not be approached and are appealing to anyone who knows his whereabouts to call 0300-123 1212, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111. The public is being advised to call 999 if he is spotted in the street.