Police hunt knife man after man's throat slashed in Roman Road
COPS are appealing for witnesses to come forward after a man had his throat slashed near Roman Road Market. The 43-year-old man was walking home, wheeling his bicycle, when he was attacked by a knife man outside the Albert pub at the junction of Roman Roa
COPS are appealing for witnesses to come forward after a man had his throat slashed near Roman Road Market.
The 43-year-old man was walking home, wheeling his bicycle, when he was attacked by a knife man outside the Albert pub at the junction of Roman Road and St Stephen's Road around 5.45pm on Saturday, April 17.
Police are treating the attack as attempted murder and are appealing to anyone who may have seen what happened to contact them.
Det Sgt Vicky Tunstall said: "This happened on market day in broad daylight and it would have been very busy so someone must have seen something.
"We really want to hear from anyone who may have seen the attack or someone running away from the location."
The victim sustained a wound to his neck, which was initially treated as life threatening.
- 1 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 2 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 3 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 4 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 5 Riverside park extension above new sewage structures given green light
- 6 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 7 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 8 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
No witnesses have yet come forward.
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to contact Det Con John Forgerty at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.