Police hunt man over schoolgirl rape and forced marriage’ claim
POLICE are hunting a man over the alleged rape of a schoolgirl from London’s East End who was forced to marry him. The man, from Bangladesh in his early 40s, is also wanted over claims that he sexually assaulted a 12-year-old girl, believed to be her younger sister
POLICE are hunting a man over the alleged rape of a schoolgirl from London’s East End who was forced to marry him.
The man, from Bangladesh in his early 40s, is also wanted over claims that he sexually assaulted a 12-year-old girl, believed to be her younger sister.
The elder Bangladeshi girl who is now 17 contacted police over fears she was being forced into a second marriage.
She had been the victim of a forced marriage in April, 2007, while she was 15 and living in Bethnal Green, she told police.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “The sham marriage took place at an address in the E2 area. She alleged she was subsequently raped by the man.
- 1 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 2 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 5 Witness appeal continues a month after youth stabbed in Shadwell
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
“Further enquiries revealed a second girl, then aged 12, had also been sexually assaulted by the man.”
Extensive police enquiries continue to trace the man. The Met’s Child Abuse Investigation team at Stratford is investigating.
Officers arrested a 53-year-old woman three weeks ago on suspicion of aiding and abetting rape.
She has also been arrested on a separate matter concerning an alleged assault on a six-year-old boy.