Police hunt man over schoolgirl rape and forced marriage’ claim
POLICE are hunting a man over the alleged rape of a schoolgirl from London’s East End who was forced to marry him. The man, from Bangladesh in his early 40s, is also wanted over claims that he sexually assaulted a 12-year-old girl, believed to be her younger sister
POLICE are hunting a man over the alleged rape of a schoolgirl from London’s East End who was forced to marry him.
The man, from Bangladesh in his early 40s, is also wanted over claims that he sexually assaulted a 12-year-old girl, believed to be her younger sister.
The elder Bangladeshi girl who is now 17 contacted police over fears she was being forced into a second marriage.
She had been the victim of a forced marriage in April, 2007, while she was 15 and living in Bethnal Green, she told police.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said: “The sham marriage took place at an address in the E2 area. She alleged she was subsequently raped by the man.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“Further enquiries revealed a second girl, then aged 12, had also been sexually assaulted by the man.”
Extensive police enquiries continue to trace the man. The Met’s Child Abuse Investigation team at Stratford is investigating.
Officers arrested a 53-year-old woman three weeks ago on suspicion of aiding and abetting rape.
She has also been arrested on a separate matter concerning an alleged assault on a six-year-old boy.