Police investigating possible postal vote fraud for Tower Hamlets elections
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating an allegation of postal vote fraud for the upcoming elections.
Detectives from Specialist Crime and Allegations have not arrested anyone over the alleged fraud, which was reported on May 10.
The vote is said to come from an address in Rifle Street, Poplar, and enquiries are continuing.
This is the second allegation to hit the borough’s elections, which take place on May 22.
A Conservative council candidate was suspended by his party after being arrested on suspicion of making false declarations.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger