Police investigation has begun after woman found dead on balcony in Poplar
A police investigation has begun after a 37-year-old woman was found dead in Poplar.
Claire Elizabeth Cole was found collapsed at her home at Mallory Close last Monday.
Police were called to the address at 1.05pm last Monday to assist paramedics from the London Ambulance service, who had been called to the incident.
Ms Cole was pronounced dead at the scene.
A postmortem at Poplar Coroners Court has failed to establish the cause of death and further tests are being carried out.
A coroner’s officer said Ms Townsend was found to have head injuries.
A police spokeswoman said: “Due to the post mortem resulting in unexplained death police have begun an investigation into the circumstances.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 6 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 7 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
“We’re are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death and do not suspect foul play at this time.”
An inquest date has yet to be set.