Police issue appeal after Tower Hamlets woman has hair pulled out at station
- Credit: Archant
Police have released an image of a man they want to question after a Tower Hamlets woman had a clump of hair pulled out at Mornington Crescent tube station.
The 32-year-old victim was walking down the southbound Northern line platform at 7.40pm on Saturday, October 17 with a friend, when the man approached her, grabbed her hair and pulled out a clump.
Investigating officer Pc Franklin said: “This was a completely unprovoked assault on a woman who was left feeling very distressed and in pain.
“Violence on the London Underground network is not tolerated and I’d urge anyone who recognises the man pictured, or has any information that could help our investigation, to please get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background LUA/B5 of 28/11/13.
Information can also be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi