Police issue appeal after Tower Hamlets woman has hair pulled out at station
- Credit: Archant
Police have released an image of a man they want to question after a Tower Hamlets woman had a clump of hair pulled out at Mornington Crescent tube station.
The 32-year-old victim was walking down the southbound Northern line platform at 7.40pm on Saturday, October 17 with a friend, when the man approached her, grabbed her hair and pulled out a clump.
Investigating officer Pc Franklin said: “This was a completely unprovoked assault on a woman who was left feeling very distressed and in pain.
“Violence on the London Underground network is not tolerated and I’d urge anyone who recognises the man pictured, or has any information that could help our investigation, to please get in touch.”
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background LUA/B5 of 28/11/13.
You may also want to watch:
Information can also be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel