Police issue CCTV of suspect in second sex attack in Bethnal Green’s Weavers Fields
- Credit: MPS
Detectives issued a CCTV image last night of a suspect who dragged a woman off the street into a park in broad daylight in London’s East End and sexually assaulted her.
It was the second sex attack at Bethnal Green’s Weavers Fields in just two months.
They have been looking for the attacker in the second incident for four weeks and finally spotted a suspect on camera footage from a betting shop in Bethnal Green Road.
The 39-year-old woman in the second incident was waiting at a bus-stop opposite the Subway takeaway when she was dragged into the children’s play area in the park at around 2pm on June 27.
The suspect is described as black, stocky, 5ft tall with short black hair. He was wearing a dark blue top with the word ‘Marshall’ in white across it, as well as dark jeans, white trainers and carrying a black Adidas rucksack.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone recognising the man or has information to contact the Met’s Sexual Offences Command on 020-8733 5999, or dialling 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
It follows an attack in the same park on April 21 when police cordoned off a large section while forensic officers combed the area for evidence. No suspect was traced at the time.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards