Police mystery trying to ID man found in River Lea 12 weeks on
POLICE last night issued an artist’s impression of a man whose body was found in the River Lea in East London two weeks before Christmas. They still haven’t been unable to identify him after 13 weeks and are appealing for public help to find out who he was.
ABOVE: Do you recognise this man? An artist impression of the mystery man found in the Lea River on December 12...
BELOW: The distinctive Colorado Trojans 1937 T-shirt he was wearing the day he was found...
POLICE last night issued an artist’s impression of a man whose body was found in the River Lea in East London two weeks before Christmas.
They still haven’t been unable to identify him after 13 weeks and are appealing for public help to find out who he was.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s important we identify him,” said Det Sgt Gerard Healy. “This man’s family and friends probably don’t know he has died and could be wondering where he is.”
He was discovered by a passer-by in the river near Bow Bridge and the A11 Stratford High Street at 1.25pm on December 12.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
His death is being treated as unexplained. He had no identification and all missing person enquiries have been exhausted, Scotland Yard admitted last night.
The man was white, aged between 40 and 50, around 5ft 9ins tall, medium build and weighing around 15 stone, had blue eyes, collar length black and greying hair, bald on top and unshaven.
He had two surgical scars on the front of the left knee, two piercings on the left ear and was dressed in a white Urban Spirit 37’ Colorado Trojans T-shirt, blue Originals’ jumper, black Urban Spirit’ jeans size 30, white socks and black Groundwork’ safety boots size nine.
Anyone who thinks they know someone matching the description who hasn’t been seen since December 12 is being asked to call Newham Missing Persons office on 020-7275 5728.