Police probe man’s mystery death plunge
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Mystery surrounds the death of a man who suffered fatal injuries after falling from a second storey roof in Whitechapel earlier this morning.
Police and ambulance crews were called to Whitechapel Road at 9.19 am after reports a man had plunged from the roof.
The man,believed to be in his thirties, was found suffering serious injuries and died at the scene shortly after.
Police are treating the death as unexplained.
Traffic diversions were in operation following road closures.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said:
“We await next of kin and formal identification. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
No arrests have been made.