Police probe Mile End Hospital patient’s suspicious death
DETECTIVES are investigating the death of a man at a mental health hospital in London’s East End. Police were called to the Mile End Hospital at 8pm on Friday where a inpatient was reported injured
DETECTIVES are investigating the death of a man at a mental health hospital in London's East End.
Police and ambulance paramedics were called to the Mile End Hospital at 8pm on Friday where a inpatient was reported injured.
The man, later identified as 31-year-old Prodip Debnath, was taken to the nearby Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival. His next-of-kin have been informed of the death.
Officers from the Met's Homicide & Serious Crime Command are investigating the suspicious death and investigations continue today to establish what happened.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with Mr Debnath's death, Scotland Yard has confirmed. He has been bailed into secure hospital accommodation pending further police inquiries.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences