Police probe Mile End Hospital patient’s suspicious death
DETECTIVES are investigating the death of a man at a mental health hospital in London’s East End. Police were called to the Mile End Hospital at 8pm on Friday where a inpatient was reported injured
DETECTIVES are investigating the death of a man at a mental health hospital in London's East End.
Police and ambulance paramedics were called to the Mile End Hospital at 8pm on Friday where a inpatient was reported injured.
The man, later identified as 31-year-old Prodip Debnath, was taken to the nearby Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival. His next-of-kin have been informed of the death.
Officers from the Met's Homicide & Serious Crime Command are investigating the suspicious death and investigations continue today to establish what happened.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with Mr Debnath's death, Scotland Yard has confirmed. He has been bailed into secure hospital accommodation pending further police inquiries.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing