Police probe Mile End Hospital patient’s suspicious death
DETECTIVES are investigating the death of a man at a mental health hospital in London’s East End. Police were called to the Mile End Hospital at 8pm on Friday where a inpatient was reported injured
DETECTIVES are investigating the death of a man at a mental health hospital in London's East End.
Police and ambulance paramedics were called to the Mile End Hospital at 8pm on Friday where a inpatient was reported injured.
The man, later identified as 31-year-old Prodip Debnath, was taken to the nearby Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival. His next-of-kin have been informed of the death.
Officers from the Met's Homicide & Serious Crime Command are investigating the suspicious death and investigations continue today to establish what happened.
You may also want to watch:
A 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with Mr Debnath's death, Scotland Yard has confirmed. He has been bailed into secure hospital accommodation pending further police inquiries.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe