Police ready to stop boy racers at Tower Hill and Canary Wharf ‘TakeOver’
- Credit: Archant
Police have warned that they’ll get tough in a bid to stop a Big Summer TakeOver event with ‘boy racers’ planned between Tower Hill and Canary Wharf on Sunday.
Officers announced on social-networking site Twitter today that they will be patrolling the route including Rotherhithe and Blackwall tunnels and Westferry Circus.
“Do not come to the area for this event and risk losing your car,” the Tower Hamlets Met Police division warns.
“Any unnecessary noise, antisocial behaviour or traffic offences will be dealt with robustly to prevent disruption to the community and other road users.”
They plan to use road closures and disbursal zones, giving officers powers to disburse “perpetrators of crime and ASB” and even to seize vehicles if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
The ‘takeover’ event has been promoted on Facebook at non-disclosed locations -despite the police having got wind of them.
The invitation speaks of previous TakeOver events when “royston modified and essex cruising come together”.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
The boy racers staged three events last year between March and December that they claimed attracted up to 2,000 spectators.