Police return to knife death’ scene tonight
POLICE investigating the killing of a man in the street in London's East End are at the crime scene this evening appealing for witnesses exactly one week after the stabbing. They want to trace anyone who saw Reggie Berko before he died around 6pm last Friday in Haggerston
POLICE investigating the murder of a man chased through a housing estate in London’s East End are at the crime scene this evening (Friday) appealing for witnesses exactly one week after the stabbing.
They want to trace anyone who saw Reggie Berko before he died around 6pm last Friday at Ormsby Street in Haggerston from a single stab wound to the chest.
Officers will be there for two hours from 5pm talking to families at nearby Fellows Court and passers-by and handing out leaflets.
Cops believe 26-year-old Reggie, who lived with his wife and 16-month-old son in Stamford Hill, staggered along a pedestrian walkway through Fellows Court after being stabbed, then collapsed in Ormsby Street.
An ambulance arrived at 6.12pm, but Reggie died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses who were in Ormsby Street, off Pearson Street, at around 6pm last Friday or anyone with any information to call 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111. A 22-year-old man has been arrested and charged with Reggie’s murder.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'