Police return to knife death’ scene tonight
POLICE investigating the killing of a man in the street in London's East End are at the crime scene this evening appealing for witnesses exactly one week after the stabbing. They want to trace anyone who saw Reggie Berko before he died around 6pm last Friday in Haggerston
POLICE investigating the murder of a man chased through a housing estate in London’s East End are at the crime scene this evening (Friday) appealing for witnesses exactly one week after the stabbing.
They want to trace anyone who saw Reggie Berko before he died around 6pm last Friday at Ormsby Street in Haggerston from a single stab wound to the chest.
Officers will be there for two hours from 5pm talking to families at nearby Fellows Court and passers-by and handing out leaflets.
Cops believe 26-year-old Reggie, who lived with his wife and 16-month-old son in Stamford Hill, staggered along a pedestrian walkway through Fellows Court after being stabbed, then collapsed in Ormsby Street.
An ambulance arrived at 6.12pm, but Reggie died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses who were in Ormsby Street, off Pearson Street, at around 6pm last Friday or anyone with any information to call 020-8345 1570, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111. A 22-year-old man has been arrested and charged with Reggie’s murder.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel