Police seek 2nd man in East End over Sussex murder
DETECIVES investigating the murder of a man whose body was found in a seaside flat on the South Coast have tonight named a second man last seen in London’s East End wanted in connection with his death. Police are looking for Shahadat Sohag, 21, over the killing of waiter Ahmed Hayder in Seaford a week ago
DETECIVES investigating the murder of a man whose body was found in a seaside flat on the South Coast have tonight named a second man last seen in London’s East End wanted in connection with his death.
Police are appealing for public help in tracing 21-year-old Shahadat Mollah Sohag, also known as Shamim or Shannan, over the killing of waiter Ahmed Remon Hayder in the Sussex resort of Seaford a week ago.
An all-ports warning has been issued which Sussex police said was “to stop him leaving the country.”
Ahmed Hayder’s body was found above a firm of architects next door to the Moon of India restaurant where he worked.
You may also want to watch:
The 27-year-old died from head injuries detectives believe were caused by more than one weapon, none of which have been found so far.
Sussex Police are working with Scotland Yard to trace Sohag, who was seen on Thursday (February 4) in the Tower Hamlets area. He is not thought to have any links with Seaford.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Det Chief Ins Adam Hibbert said: “I have issued Shahadat’s name and photograph because I believe he is key to this investigation and there is a strong possibility he may be trying to leave the country.
“Shahadat is a Bangladeshi who arrived in the UK six months ago and has lived and studied in London.
“He is not known by the victim’s family and has no links with Sussex as far as we know.”
Shahadat is described as medium build, with black, short hair and brown eyes.
Police yesterday arrested 33-year-old Mohammed Anhar from Limehouse who has been charged with the murder of his cousin Ahmed Hayder and aggravated burglary. He has been remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court.
Police are appealing to anyone with information to call Sussex Police on 0845-607 0999, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.