Police seek 2nd man in East End over Sussex murder
DETECIVES investigating the murder of a man whose body was found in a seaside flat on the South Coast have tonight named a second man last seen in London’s East End wanted in connection with his death. Police are looking for Shahadat Sohag, 21, over the killing of waiter Ahmed Hayder in Seaford a week ago
DETECIVES investigating the murder of a man whose body was found in a seaside flat on the South Coast have tonight named a second man last seen in London’s East End wanted in connection with his death.
Police are appealing for public help in tracing 21-year-old Shahadat Mollah Sohag, also known as Shamim or Shannan, over the killing of waiter Ahmed Remon Hayder in the Sussex resort of Seaford a week ago.
An all-ports warning has been issued which Sussex police said was “to stop him leaving the country.”
Ahmed Hayder’s body was found above a firm of architects next door to the Moon of India restaurant where he worked.
You may also want to watch:
The 27-year-old died from head injuries detectives believe were caused by more than one weapon, none of which have been found so far.
Sussex Police are working with Scotland Yard to trace Sohag, who was seen on Thursday (February 4) in the Tower Hamlets area. He is not thought to have any links with Seaford.
- 1 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 2 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 3 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 4 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 5 Leyton Orient agree new deal with defender Dan Happe
- 6 Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- 7 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 8 Former Leyton Orient striker Lee Angol joins Bradford City
- 9 Connor Wood keen to keep developing at Leyton Orient under Kenny Jackett
- 10 Fear of crime stalked households during Covid lockdown
Det Chief Ins Adam Hibbert said: “I have issued Shahadat’s name and photograph because I believe he is key to this investigation and there is a strong possibility he may be trying to leave the country.
“Shahadat is a Bangladeshi who arrived in the UK six months ago and has lived and studied in London.
“He is not known by the victim’s family and has no links with Sussex as far as we know.”
Shahadat is described as medium build, with black, short hair and brown eyes.
Police yesterday arrested 33-year-old Mohammed Anhar from Limehouse who has been charged with the murder of his cousin Ahmed Hayder and aggravated burglary. He has been remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court.
Police are appealing to anyone with information to call Sussex Police on 0845-607 0999, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.