Police seek 2nd man in East End over Sussex murder
DETECIVES investigating the murder of a man whose body was found in a seaside flat on the South Coast have tonight named a second man last seen in London’s East End wanted in connection with his death. Police are looking for Shahadat Sohag, 21, over the killing of waiter Ahmed Hayder in Seaford a week ago
DETECIVES investigating the murder of a man whose body was found in a seaside flat on the South Coast have tonight named a second man last seen in London’s East End wanted in connection with his death.
Police are appealing for public help in tracing 21-year-old Shahadat Mollah Sohag, also known as Shamim or Shannan, over the killing of waiter Ahmed Remon Hayder in the Sussex resort of Seaford a week ago.
An all-ports warning has been issued which Sussex police said was “to stop him leaving the country.”
Ahmed Hayder’s body was found above a firm of architects next door to the Moon of India restaurant where he worked.
The 27-year-old died from head injuries detectives believe were caused by more than one weapon, none of which have been found so far.
Sussex Police are working with Scotland Yard to trace Sohag, who was seen on Thursday (February 4) in the Tower Hamlets area. He is not thought to have any links with Seaford.
- 1 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 9 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
Det Chief Ins Adam Hibbert said: “I have issued Shahadat’s name and photograph because I believe he is key to this investigation and there is a strong possibility he may be trying to leave the country.
“Shahadat is a Bangladeshi who arrived in the UK six months ago and has lived and studied in London.
“He is not known by the victim’s family and has no links with Sussex as far as we know.”
Shahadat is described as medium build, with black, short hair and brown eyes.
Police yesterday arrested 33-year-old Mohammed Anhar from Limehouse who has been charged with the murder of his cousin Ahmed Hayder and aggravated burglary. He has been remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court.
Police are appealing to anyone with information to call Sussex Police on 0845-607 0999, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.