Police step up Christmas patrols in Brick Lane
Twenty uniformed police officers will be patrolling the Brick Lane area over Christmas. The high visibility patrols will focus on deterring crime and disorder as thousands of people are expected to go to the clubs and bars in and around Spitalfields.
Twenty uniformed police officers will be patrolling the Brick Lane area over Christmas.
The 'high visibility' patrols will focus on deterring crime and disorder as thousands of people are expected to go to the clubs and bars in and around Spitalfields' famous curry lane.
Police Sgt Charlie Earwicker said: "We're contacting all the licensed premises to ensure they serve people responsibly with alcohol. We are promoting plastic glasses, and pubs and clubs will have a hotline number to phone to ensure any disorder is dealt with promptly."
Police are also promoting Cabwise, a service that helps women get a licensed taxi or minicab home safely.
You may also want to watch:
Leaflets are also being distributed to remind party revellers to drink within their limits and stay safe.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival