Police step up Christmas patrols in Brick Lane
Twenty uniformed police officers will be patrolling the Brick Lane area over Christmas. The high visibility patrols will focus on deterring crime and disorder as thousands of people are expected to go to the clubs and bars in and around Spitalfields.
Twenty uniformed police officers will be patrolling the Brick Lane area over Christmas.
The 'high visibility' patrols will focus on deterring crime and disorder as thousands of people are expected to go to the clubs and bars in and around Spitalfields' famous curry lane.
Police Sgt Charlie Earwicker said: "We're contacting all the licensed premises to ensure they serve people responsibly with alcohol. We are promoting plastic glasses, and pubs and clubs will have a hotline number to phone to ensure any disorder is dealt with promptly."
Police are also promoting Cabwise, a service that helps women get a licensed taxi or minicab home safely.
You may also want to watch:
Leaflets are also being distributed to remind party revellers to drink within their limits and stay safe.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone