Police step up Christmas patrols in Brick Lane
Twenty uniformed police officers will be patrolling the Brick Lane area over Christmas. The high visibility patrols will focus on deterring crime and disorder as thousands of people are expected to go to the clubs and bars in and around Spitalfields.
Twenty uniformed police officers will be patrolling the Brick Lane area over Christmas.
The 'high visibility' patrols will focus on deterring crime and disorder as thousands of people are expected to go to the clubs and bars in and around Spitalfields' famous curry lane.
Police Sgt Charlie Earwicker said: "We're contacting all the licensed premises to ensure they serve people responsibly with alcohol. We are promoting plastic glasses, and pubs and clubs will have a hotline number to phone to ensure any disorder is dealt with promptly."
Police are also promoting Cabwise, a service that helps women get a licensed taxi or minicab home safely.
You may also want to watch:
Leaflets are also being distributed to remind party revellers to drink within their limits and stay safe.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe