Hunt for hit-and-run driver after pedestrian is injured in Brick Lane
- Credit: MPS
Police are looking for the driver of a suspicious vehicle which sped away as they approached and was a then in a hit-and-run incident in Spitalfields yesterday.
They believe it was involved “in criminal activity” on the Flower and Dean estate off Commercial Road.
Officers were investigating the activity at about 4.20pm when it was suddenly driven off out of sight.
But minutes later the vehicle was involved in an accident with a pedestrian in Brick Lane and failed to stop.
The officers rushed to help the injured man with first aid. A doctor from the nearby E1 Health Centre came out to help.
You may also want to watch:
The London air ambulance crew from Whitechapel arrived at the scene and the man was taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital, accompanied by his family and a police officer.
The vehicle was later found abandoned nearby, after those inside ran off, according to the Spitalfields neighbourhood squad.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
It has been seized while investigations have started to trace the driver and other occupants. Police are urging witnesses who were on the Flower and Dean Estate or in Brick Lane yesterday afternoon around 4.20pm to dial 101, quoting reference CAD 5090/14NOV2018, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.