Join East London Advertiser on Facebook at 6pm tonight to question the Tower Hamlets candidates for Mayor
PUBLISHED: 09:46 26 April 2018 | UPDATED: 14:32 26 April 2018
Candidates for Mayor of Tower Hamlets are this-evening joining the East London Advertiser on Facebook for a live questions-and-answers grilling from voters.
You can send questions on how they would tackle the big issues if they became mayor on May 3.
How they respond is being streamed live on the Advertiser’s Facebook page from 6pm to 7pm.
Send your questions on Twitter to @ELAdvertiser.
Tower Hamlets is nothing if not a controversial political London borough. It has seen dirty politics at every election since 2006.
It came to a head when the High Court overturned the corrupt 2014 result for voting fraud and malpractice in the-then town hall administration.
The re-run election in 2015 saw Labour taking control to clean up the mess.
But hot topics don’t go away in a place like London’s East End... there are allegations of dodgy election campaign activity with complaints about postal vote forms for the present election and reports of party activists pressing households in one ward to take down rival posters from their windows.
What would the candidates for mayor on May 3 do about such practice if they were elected?
Perhaps there are other pressing issues you want to raise:
- PLANNING: applications for yet more tower blocks being passed without the guaranteed infrastructure—especially on the Isle of Dogs
- NURSERY places facing being privatised
- SCHOOL budget cuts, shortage of places
- PUBLIC SAFETY with rising knife crime, acid attacks and cuts to police numbers
- YOUTH lack of facilities for your kids
- HOUSING crisis, the long waiting list if you need a home
- AIR POLLUTION in your neighbourhood
- RUBBISH on the street where you live
It’s your chance to make whoever wins at the polls on May 3 to be transparent and accountable to you.
Be there on Facebook from 6pm to 7pm tonight and make your point.
Throw your questions live on Twitter.