Pop star Mika’s vigil at his sister’s East London hospital bedside
POPSTAR Mika spent much of the Christmas break at The Royal London hospital visiting his sister who is being treated there after suffering a freak accident.
Paloma Penniman, 28, was impaled on railings after falling out of a window in Kensington back in October.
Her family have been keeping a vigil at her bedside in the Whitechapel Road hospital ever since.
The singer, who landed a Number 1 hit with his debut single Grace Kelly in 2007, told a national newspaper: “Christmas was a bit different this year.
“We didn’t want to leave my sister on her own so all of my family were in hospital on Christmas Day and we have been with her every day over the holidays.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that Ms Penniman was still in a “serious” state.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney