Pop star Mika’s vigil at his sister’s East London hospital bedside
POPSTAR Mika spent much of the Christmas break at The Royal London hospital visiting his sister who is being treated there after suffering a freak accident.
Paloma Penniman, 28, was impaled on railings after falling out of a window in Kensington back in October.
Her family have been keeping a vigil at her bedside in the Whitechapel Road hospital ever since.
The singer, who landed a Number 1 hit with his debut single Grace Kelly in 2007, told a national newspaper: “Christmas was a bit different this year.
“We didn’t want to leave my sister on her own so all of my family were in hospital on Christmas Day and we have been with her every day over the holidays.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that Ms Penniman was still in a “serious” state.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom