Poplar and Limehouse MP campaigns to help sufferers of prostate cancer
- Credit: Jim Fitzpatrick MP - submitted
Men suffering from prostate cancer will be told what treatment they deserve to receive from doctors as they battle the disease as part of a new initiative launched by a charity.
Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick has pledged to support the campaign by Prostate Cancer UK, which has unveiled a “Quality Checklist” to be used as a guide by sufferers and clinicians.
The checklist sets out 15 national standards for care that men with prostate cancer should expect and demand, from the point of their diagnosis through to the end of their life.
Mr Fitzpatrick revealed his support for the initiative at an event at Westminster this week, where he met men fighting the disease.
“It is incredibly important that we do all we can to ensure all men with prostate cancer get the care and support they need,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I am therefore delighted to endorse Prostate Cancer UK’s Quality Checklist, and call on East London NHS Trust to ensure it is adopted as soon as possible to help all men who are diagnosed with the disease.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower