Poplar and Limehouse results captured by Green film-maker
GREEN activist and film-maker Chris Smith was involved in making a short film at the Poplar and Limehouse general election count at Mile End leisure centre. The Green candidate in the General Election can be spotted on the left of the shot, with Jonath
GREEN activist and film-maker Chris Smith was involved in making a short film at the Poplar and Limehouse general election count at Mile End leisure centre.
The Green candidate in the General Election can be spotted on the left of the shot, with Jonathan Fryer (Lib Dem), Tim Archer (Conservative) and Jim Fitzpatrick (Labour) who won the newly created seat.
Mr Fitzpatrick had served as the MP for the previous seat of Poplar and Canning Town for 13 years, most recently as food and farming minister.
The returning officer Kevan Collins announced the results on Friday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The results in full were:
Tim Archer , Conservative 12,649; Jim Fitzpatrick, Labour 18,679; Jonathan Fryer, Liberal Democrat, 5,209; George Galloway, Respect, 8,160; Mohammed Hoque, Independent, 167; Wayne Lochner, UKIP, 565; Kabir Mahmud, Independent, 293; Andrew Osborne, English Democrat, 470; Chris Smith, Green, 449; Jim Thornton, Independent, 59.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
The film can be seen on