Poplar and Limehouse results captured by Green film-maker
GREEN activist and film-maker Chris Smith was involved in making a short film at the Poplar and Limehouse general election count at Mile End leisure centre. The Green candidate in the General Election can be spotted on the left of the shot, with Jonath
GREEN activist and film-maker Chris Smith was involved in making a short film at the Poplar and Limehouse general election count at Mile End leisure centre.
The Green candidate in the General Election can be spotted on the left of the shot, with Jonathan Fryer (Lib Dem), Tim Archer (Conservative) and Jim Fitzpatrick (Labour) who won the newly created seat.
Mr Fitzpatrick had served as the MP for the previous seat of Poplar and Canning Town for 13 years, most recently as food and farming minister.
The returning officer Kevan Collins announced the results on Friday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The results in full were:
Tim Archer , Conservative 12,649; Jim Fitzpatrick, Labour 18,679; Jonathan Fryer, Liberal Democrat, 5,209; George Galloway, Respect, 8,160; Mohammed Hoque, Independent, 167; Wayne Lochner, UKIP, 565; Kabir Mahmud, Independent, 293; Andrew Osborne, English Democrat, 470; Chris Smith, Green, 449; Jim Thornton, Independent, 59.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
The film can be seen on