Poplar and Limehouse results captured by Green film-maker
GREEN activist and film-maker Chris Smith was involved in making a short film at the Poplar and Limehouse general election count at Mile End leisure centre. The Green candidate in the General Election can be spotted on the left of the shot, with Jonath
GREEN activist and film-maker Chris Smith was involved in making a short film at the Poplar and Limehouse general election count at Mile End leisure centre.
The Green candidate in the General Election can be spotted on the left of the shot, with Jonathan Fryer (Lib Dem), Tim Archer (Conservative) and Jim Fitzpatrick (Labour) who won the newly created seat.
Mr Fitzpatrick had served as the MP for the previous seat of Poplar and Canning Town for 13 years, most recently as food and farming minister.
The returning officer Kevan Collins announced the results on Friday morning.
The results in full were:
Tim Archer , Conservative 12,649; Jim Fitzpatrick, Labour 18,679; Jonathan Fryer, Liberal Democrat, 5,209; George Galloway, Respect, 8,160; Mohammed Hoque, Independent, 167; Wayne Lochner, UKIP, 565; Kabir Mahmud, Independent, 293; Andrew Osborne, English Democrat, 470; Chris Smith, Green, 449; Jim Thornton, Independent, 59.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 3 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 6 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed
The film can be seen on