Poplar and Limehouse results captured by Green film-maker
GREEN activist and film-maker Chris Smith was involved in making a short film at the Poplar and Limehouse general election count at Mile End leisure centre. The Green candidate in the General Election can be spotted on the left of the shot, with Jonath
GREEN activist and film-maker Chris Smith was involved in making a short film at the Poplar and Limehouse general election count at Mile End leisure centre.
The Green candidate in the General Election can be spotted on the left of the shot, with Jonathan Fryer (Lib Dem), Tim Archer (Conservative) and Jim Fitzpatrick (Labour) who won the newly created seat.
Mr Fitzpatrick had served as the MP for the previous seat of Poplar and Canning Town for 13 years, most recently as food and farming minister.
The returning officer Kevan Collins announced the results on Friday morning.
The results in full were:
Tim Archer , Conservative 12,649; Jim Fitzpatrick, Labour 18,679; Jonathan Fryer, Liberal Democrat, 5,209; George Galloway, Respect, 8,160; Mohammed Hoque, Independent, 167; Wayne Lochner, UKIP, 565; Kabir Mahmud, Independent, 293; Andrew Osborne, English Democrat, 470; Chris Smith, Green, 449; Jim Thornton, Independent, 59.
- 1 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 2 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
- 3 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 5 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 8 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 9 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 10 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
The film can be seen on