Appeal after boy, 16, stabbed inside a bakery in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
An appeal has been launched after a teenaged boy was stabbed inside a bakery.
The 16 year old boy was slashed in the arm with a Stanley knife after being approached by a man in the bakery in Market Square, Poplar, on January 25.
When officers arrived they found the youngster with an elbow injury which needed hospital treatment after they were called at 3pm.
The police are appealing for help identifying the man, who ran off after the attack.
Det Cons Luke Martinez, the investigating officer, said: “This was a shocking attack in the middle of the day in a busy area.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to hear from anyone who recognises the man pictured or has any information of his whereabouts.”
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 4594/25Jan or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe