Poplar girl searches for love on TV show Take Me Out
- Credit: Archant
Appearing in front of a TV audience looking for love might not be everyone’s idea of a perfect start to a romance.
But Lucy Kuy, 30, a personal assistant from Poplar, believed she might find Mr Right when she took part in hit ITV dating show Take Me Out.
She was hoping to set pulses racing on the show, presented by comedian Paddy McGuinness, and battle off 30 other contestants to bag her man.
“I’ve been single for the last two years and my mum suggested I go for it,” said Lucy who also pole dances in her spare time. “All the girls were single and looking for love.”
She said she couldn’t disclose whether she was lucky in love before the airing of the show, but revealed that she got down to the final two.
“Even if you’re not selected to go on the date, it can be a success story of love and friendship anyway because of all the people you meet,” Lucy explained.
Beating 30,000 other hopefuls, Lucy believes it was her “bubbly, clumsy” personality which got her to the final.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
- 9 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point
“It’s hard to let your personality shine through on stage as you’re often put on the spot but Paddy went out of his way to make me feel comfortable,” she said.
“I think I’ll get a lot of airtime because I often came out with witty one-liners. The audience were cracking up at my comebacks, so Paddy kept coming back to me,” she added, insisting the show is not scripted.
Tune in to see Lucy’s ITV debut show on 1 February.