Poplar HARCA wins housing and regeneration award
HOUSING association Poplar HARCA has won win the Housing and Regeneration award in The Guardian Public Services Award.Poplar HARCA s Family Intervention project is managed by Tower Hamlets Council and won the prize for its innovative approach to supp
HOUSING association Poplar HARCA has won win the Housing and Regeneration award in The Guardian Public Services Award.
Poplar HARCA's Family Intervention project is managed by Tower Hamlets Council and won the prize for its innovative approach to support families at risk of eviction.
Residents voted to fund the project at their conference last year saw the benefits of a project that offers support and guidance to families going through problems.
Since its launch it has helped 63 families avoid imminent eviction.
You may also want to watch:
Poplar HARCA's boss Steve Stride said: "We are absolutely delighted. This is a fantastic example of what can be achieved by listening to your residents and working in partnership to provide
the best possible service.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 5 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 6 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 7 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road