Poplar HARCA wins housing and regeneration award
HOUSING association Poplar HARCA has won win the Housing and Regeneration award in The Guardian Public Services Award.Poplar HARCA s Family Intervention project is managed by Tower Hamlets Council and won the prize for its innovative approach to supp
HOUSING association Poplar HARCA has won win the Housing and Regeneration award in The Guardian Public Services Award.
Poplar HARCA's Family Intervention project is managed by Tower Hamlets Council and won the prize for its innovative approach to support families at risk of eviction.
Residents voted to fund the project at their conference last year saw the benefits of a project that offers support and guidance to families going through problems.
Since its launch it has helped 63 families avoid imminent eviction.
You may also want to watch:
Poplar HARCA's boss Steve Stride said: "We are absolutely delighted. This is a fantastic example of what can be achieved by listening to your residents and working in partnership to provide
the best possible service.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus