Teenage cyclist left with ‘life-changing’ injuries after hit and run in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year old cyclist was left fighting for his life following a hit and run in Poplar.
Police found the boy at the junction of Poplar High Street and Bazely Street at 6.59pm on Monday, September 9 after he was hit by a car.
A Met spokeswoman said: "The cyclist was taken to hospital, initially in a critical condition. He injuries have now been assessed as life-changing."
His family has been informed.
Efforts to trace the driver of the car involved in the crash continue after he fled the scene. The police have not made any arrests though enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Footage shared online appears to show a group of people trying to free the victim.
Anyone with information, including dash-cam footage, should call police on 101 quoting reference CAD6546/09Sep.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
To report information without giving your name call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.