Poplar’s nightmare neighbour evicted after six years of abuse
A nightmare neighbour has been evicted from his home after embarking on a six year campaign of abuse.
Housing association Poplar HARCA has finally kicked the resident out of his property after at least 10 court appearances for harassment, racial abuse, threats and assault.
He has now been told to leave the premises in St Leonard’s Road, Poplar.
Poplar HARCA said its antisocial behaviour team spent hundreds of man hours liaising with residents and gathering evidence to secure the eviction.
The team’s head, Jamie Lock, said: “The serious nature of this ASB meant that we had to take the strongest action possible to safeguard other residents and our staff.
You may also want to watch:
“Eviction is, of course, always a last resort.”
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 6 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 7 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences