Poplar’s nightmare neighbour evicted after six years of abuse
A nightmare neighbour has been evicted from his home after embarking on a six year campaign of abuse.
Housing association Poplar HARCA has finally kicked the resident out of his property after at least 10 court appearances for harassment, racial abuse, threats and assault.
He has now been told to leave the premises in St Leonard’s Road, Poplar.
Poplar HARCA said its antisocial behaviour team spent hundreds of man hours liaising with residents and gathering evidence to secure the eviction.
The team’s head, Jamie Lock, said: “The serious nature of this ASB meant that we had to take the strongest action possible to safeguard other residents and our staff.
You may also want to watch:
“Eviction is, of course, always a last resort.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze