Post-mortem today into death of girl who fell from tower block
A POST-mortem examination was due to be held today into the death of a nine-year-old Bow girl who fell 15 floors from a tower block.
The girl, named by neighbours as Leanne, fell around 2.40pm on Saturday.
Paramedics desperately tried to save Leanne after she crashed into the concrete at the base of the tower block where she lived in Daling Way, and airlifted her to the Royal London Hospital.
She was pronounced dead at approximately 3.30pm.
The inquest into her death is due to open at Poplar Coroner’s Court in Poplar High Street on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Leanne, a pupil at Old Ford Primary School in Wrights Road, died after falling from her flat in Sandall House, one of three 20-storey blocks on the estate.
She was described as a “cheeky” and “loving” child by friends.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
Police have not released any information about where Leanne fell from but neighbours agree she fell out of her bedroom window.
Tower Hamlets CID are investigating the incident and are treating it as unexplained.