Post-mortem today into death of girl who fell from tower block
A POST-mortem examination was due to be held today into the death of a nine-year-old Bow girl who fell 15 floors from a tower block.
The girl, named by neighbours as Leanne, fell around 2.40pm on Saturday.
Paramedics desperately tried to save Leanne after she crashed into the concrete at the base of the tower block where she lived in Daling Way, and airlifted her to the Royal London Hospital.
She was pronounced dead at approximately 3.30pm.
The inquest into her death is due to open at Poplar Coroner’s Court in Poplar High Street on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Leanne, a pupil at Old Ford Primary School in Wrights Road, died after falling from her flat in Sandall House, one of three 20-storey blocks on the estate.
She was described as a “cheeky” and “loving” child by friends.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
Police have not released any information about where Leanne fell from but neighbours agree she fell out of her bedroom window.
Tower Hamlets CID are investigating the incident and are treating it as unexplained.