Post-mortem today into death of girl who fell from tower block
A POST-mortem examination was due to be held today into the death of a nine-year-old Bow girl who fell 15 floors from a tower block.
The girl, named by neighbours as Leanne, fell around 2.40pm on Saturday.
Paramedics desperately tried to save Leanne after she crashed into the concrete at the base of the tower block where she lived in Daling Way, and airlifted her to the Royal London Hospital.
She was pronounced dead at approximately 3.30pm.
The inquest into her death is due to open at Poplar Coroner’s Court in Poplar High Street on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Leanne, a pupil at Old Ford Primary School in Wrights Road, died after falling from her flat in Sandall House, one of three 20-storey blocks on the estate.
She was described as a “cheeky” and “loving” child by friends.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Police have not released any information about where Leanne fell from but neighbours agree she fell out of her bedroom window.
Tower Hamlets CID are investigating the incident and are treating it as unexplained.