Post office stays open while workmen spruce it up
PLANS for the total refurbishment of a main East End post office are going ahead at the end of next week. The work to modernise Poplar Post Office in Market Square begins August 7 and is expected to last till early September
PLANS for the total refurbishment of a main East London post office are going ahead while it continues serving the public.
The work to modernise Poplar Post Office in Market Square begins August 7 and is expected to last till early September.
But it remains open during the reconstruction period, with most of the work taking place outside opening hours including evening and at weekends, Post Office officials have revealed.
“We expect the refurbishment will take around four weeks,” explained spokesman. “All the new facilities will be available once the work is completed.”
You may also want to watch:
They’re aiming to go upmarket and provide “a more professional environment” with travel and financial services available.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided