Post office stays open while workmen spruce it up
PLANS for the total refurbishment of a main East End post office are going ahead at the end of next week. The work to modernise Poplar Post Office in Market Square begins August 7 and is expected to last till early September
PLANS for the total refurbishment of a main East London post office are going ahead while it continues serving the public.
The work to modernise Poplar Post Office in Market Square begins August 7 and is expected to last till early September.
But it remains open during the reconstruction period, with most of the work taking place outside opening hours including evening and at weekends, Post Office officials have revealed.
“We expect the refurbishment will take around four weeks,” explained spokesman. “All the new facilities will be available once the work is completed.”
You may also want to watch:
They’re aiming to go upmarket and provide “a more professional environment” with travel and financial services available.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 8 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets