Post office stays open while workmen spruce it up
PLANS for the total refurbishment of a main East End post office are going ahead at the end of next week. The work to modernise Poplar Post Office in Market Square begins August 7 and is expected to last till early September
PLANS for the total refurbishment of a main East London post office are going ahead while it continues serving the public.
The work to modernise Poplar Post Office in Market Square begins August 7 and is expected to last till early September.
But it remains open during the reconstruction period, with most of the work taking place outside opening hours including evening and at weekends, Post Office officials have revealed.
“We expect the refurbishment will take around four weeks,” explained spokesman. “All the new facilities will be available once the work is completed.”
You may also want to watch:
They’re aiming to go upmarket and provide “a more professional environment” with travel and financial services available.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust