PR chief starts at Tower Hamlets on �100,000 a year salary
A NEW PR chief has started in a �100,000 a year job at the Town Hall today. Takki Sulaiman this morning began his role as Head of Communications at Tower Hamlets council.
A NEW PR chief has started in a �100,000 a year job at the Town Hall today.
Takki Sulaiman this morning began his role as Head of Communications at Tower Hamlets council.
Mr Sulaiman will be responsible for 28 staff including the council paper East End Life and the Tower Hamlets council press office.
Trade press magazine PR Week reports that Mr Sulaiman will be expected to deal with criticism from the Advertiser that the council newspaper is threatening our business.
You may also want to watch:
But in a statement the press office listed his priorities as ensuring the council engages effectively with local people and partner organisations such as the Police and Health Services.
In the statement Sulaiman said: "I'm looking forward to building on the council's strong foundation of talking to its residents with projects like You Decide!"
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
The project gives residents the chance to spend Town Hall cash on projects to improve their area.
Mr Sulaiman joins Tower Hamlets from the Family Court Service Cafcass, where he has spent the last three and half years as Head of Communications.
He was a councillor in the North London borough of Haringey from 1998 to 2006.