PR chief starts at Tower Hamlets on �100,000 a year salary
A NEW PR chief has started in a �100,000 a year job at the Town Hall today. Takki Sulaiman this morning began his role as Head of Communications at Tower Hamlets council.
A NEW PR chief has started in a �100,000 a year job at the Town Hall today.
Takki Sulaiman this morning began his role as Head of Communications at Tower Hamlets council.
Mr Sulaiman will be responsible for 28 staff including the council paper East End Life and the Tower Hamlets council press office.
Trade press magazine PR Week reports that Mr Sulaiman will be expected to deal with criticism from the Advertiser that the council newspaper is threatening our business.
You may also want to watch:
But in a statement the press office listed his priorities as ensuring the council engages effectively with local people and partner organisations such as the Police and Health Services.
In the statement Sulaiman said: "I'm looking forward to building on the council's strong foundation of talking to its residents with projects like You Decide!"
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
The project gives residents the chance to spend Town Hall cash on projects to improve their area.
Mr Sulaiman joins Tower Hamlets from the Family Court Service Cafcass, where he has spent the last three and half years as Head of Communications.
He was a councillor in the North London borough of Haringey from 1998 to 2006.