PR chief starts at Tower Hamlets on �100,000 a year salary
A NEW PR chief has started in a �100,000 a year job at the Town Hall today. Takki Sulaiman this morning began his role as Head of Communications at Tower Hamlets council.
A NEW PR chief has started in a �100,000 a year job at the Town Hall today.
Takki Sulaiman this morning began his role as Head of Communications at Tower Hamlets council.
Mr Sulaiman will be responsible for 28 staff including the council paper East End Life and the Tower Hamlets council press office.
Trade press magazine PR Week reports that Mr Sulaiman will be expected to deal with criticism from the Advertiser that the council newspaper is threatening our business.
But in a statement the press office listed his priorities as ensuring the council engages effectively with local people and partner organisations such as the Police and Health Services.
In the statement Sulaiman said: "I'm looking forward to building on the council's strong foundation of talking to its residents with projects like You Decide!"
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 3 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 7 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 8 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
The project gives residents the chance to spend Town Hall cash on projects to improve their area.
Mr Sulaiman joins Tower Hamlets from the Family Court Service Cafcass, where he has spent the last three and half years as Head of Communications.
He was a councillor in the North London borough of Haringey from 1998 to 2006.