PR chief starts at Tower Hamlets on �100,000 a year salary
A NEW PR chief has started in a �100,000 a year job at the Town Hall today. Takki Sulaiman this morning began his role as Head of Communications at Tower Hamlets council.
A NEW PR chief has started in a �100,000 a year job at the Town Hall today.
Takki Sulaiman this morning began his role as Head of Communications at Tower Hamlets council.
Mr Sulaiman will be responsible for 28 staff including the council paper East End Life and the Tower Hamlets council press office.
Trade press magazine PR Week reports that Mr Sulaiman will be expected to deal with criticism from the Advertiser that the council newspaper is threatening our business.
You may also want to watch:
But in a statement the press office listed his priorities as ensuring the council engages effectively with local people and partner organisations such as the Police and Health Services.
In the statement Sulaiman said: "I'm looking forward to building on the council's strong foundation of talking to its residents with projects like You Decide!"
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 7 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
The project gives residents the chance to spend Town Hall cash on projects to improve their area.
Mr Sulaiman joins Tower Hamlets from the Family Court Service Cafcass, where he has spent the last three and half years as Head of Communications.
He was a councillor in the North London borough of Haringey from 1998 to 2006.